A rich, moist, gluten free chocolate cake recipe made without flour but with a magic ingredient : a can of kidney beans! You’ll be amazed at the taste. Try it as a special dessert and see if anyone can even remotely guess how you have added vegetables to it!
The kidney beans add a marvelous supply of the Vitamin B’s esp B1. Calcium, Potassium, Magnesium, Iron, Zinc and Selenium with a great amount of fibre.
Ingredients for Gluten Free Chocolate Cake
This recipe has appeared with a few changes in a thermomix recipe site before now, but works well with an ordinary food processor.
- one 420g can of red kidney beans, drained and rinsed with water or 110g dried red kidney beans soaked and cooked
- 1 tbls water
- 1 tbls vanilla essence
- 5 eggs
- 70g cocoa powder (I used a mix of cacao and cocao powder for a more intense chocolate flavour)
- 1/2 tsp bicarb soda
- 1 tsp baking powder (I know regular baking powder has gluten in it, but I haven’t found gluten free in Dubai ?)
- 65g of vegetable oil (I use Sunflower, but I think unbleached organic oil is best)
- 180g of brown sugar
Method for making Gluten Free Chocolate Cake
- Pre-heat oven to 180C
- Place red kidney beans, water, eggs and vanilla essence in your food processor and whizz up till the beans are super smooth
- Add all other ingredients
- Mix again
- Pour into a greased cake tin
- Bake 30 min
A series of slides in the Video show you making of the Gluten Free Chocolate Cake
Try another chocolate mousse type cake recipe here.