I found out all about the thermomix in Dubai this week. It’s a kitchen gadget that weighs, processes and cooks your food. Read on to find out what thermomix in Dubai is all about. It’s fabulous if you’re a creative cook, but it’s also fabulous if you’re not a creative cook. It’s great if you can cook, but it’s great if you can’t cook too! Here’s why I want one.
What’s thermomix in Dubai all about
I have 4 friends that have thermomixes, 3 here in Dubai and 1 in the UK. They have very different family set ups, some have young children, one is an empty nester, but they all love how the thermomix makes feeding themselves and their families easier.
The thermomix is about the size of a large electric kettle that sits in it’s own pod type housing unit. The “kettle” is in effect the mixing/cooking bowl that you use for almost every task the machine carries out.
The pod has only 3 types of controls, a timer, a temperature control and a motor speed dial – that’s it. The machine has been designed and made in Germany and new models come out about every 10 years at the moment! The newest model has just come out 2016.
What can a thermomix do that my current food processor can’t
One of the unique selling points about the thermomix is that seems to be many kitchen gadgets all rolled into one. So it’s not just a food processor.
- It’s very easy to weigh ingredients precisely and continue adding and weighing as you need to without removing things and starting again. So good bye kitchen scales.
- It has an incredibly powerful motor, the most powerful of any food processor on the market at the moment. So that means you can produce fine powder from the hardest food substances. This makes it easy to produce your own flours, sugars and nut combinations. You can then use these to turn into dough, butter, cake mixture or anything you need.
- The processing functions are quite comprehensive and sophisticated. So there is a special kneading mode for making dough as though you were doing it by hand. There is an emulsifying mode for combining sauces, as well as the regular blending and chopping functions of a standard food processor.
- There is a unique cooking mode which again can be precisely controlled via the temperature gauge. We saw how simple it was to first grind whole spices like pepper corns and cinnamon sticks into a fine powder and then easily roast them in the same bowl by pressing a button. These spices then form the base of a spicy curry paste with the garlic, ginger and onion easily chopped in the same bowl.
- It also works as a very powerful blender so it’s great for making any combination of fruit or vegetable drinks that include a bit of the zest or skin if you’d like. So it’s good bye smoothie and ice cream maker.
- We saw the cooking element work to make a curry and a soup. It works in a similar way to how a multi cooker would work. It’s more powerful than a slow cooker though. So goodbye multi cooker and slow cooker. But there is a non stick wok type saucepan that enables you to steam food as well. That sits comfortably on top of the “kettle” type bowl.
I’m not good in the kitchen so why should I buy a thermomix
The thermomix also comes with it’s own unique recipe chip that very simply guides you though making a dish step by step, with minimal food preparation.
Where can I get a thermomix in Dubai
You can’t buy a thermomix in a shop, almost anywhere in the world. They’re only sold via distributors and Dubai is no exception. Call the thermomix office here in Dubai if you’d like to book a demonstration to see how the machine works or if you’d like to buy one anyway. The demonstrations are free of any obligation to buy. Tel +971 4 399 55 96
Do say you heard about them from DoinDubai though please!
How much does a thermomix in Dubai cost
The thermomix machine isn’t cheap. They are around AED 5000 or so. I think they’d make an ideal wedding present for a couple that are just starting out. Friends and family could put this money together for them instead of buying separate household gifts. Thermomix in Dubai do offer a type of payment plan whereby you can pay in installments. Do call them for exact details on +971 4 399 55 96.
The thermomix is ideal for anyone who is maybe thinking of downsizing to a smaller home. The smart thermomix would negate the need of lots of gadgets taking up valuable kitchen counter space. Pay for it from the money you make selling your junk when you move.
Get it as a special Christmas or a Birthday or Anniversary present to yourself! My reasoning is if you kept it for 10 years, then it’s roughly AED 500 per annum on coming up with some gorgeous, healthy combinations for you, your family and your friends. But this month I need a new phone…!
What do other people think about thermomix in Dubai
We saw this special presentation of the Thermomix in Dubai as part of an event I organised for myself and some other Dubai Food Bloggers. I’ll add the links to their posts on the thermomix as they are published. Keep checking back here over the next few days to see their views. Always better to get another opinion.
Here’s what Aneesha of OmNomNirvana thought of the thermomix.
Read what Tasneem of ThoughtsOverChai liked about the thermomix.
MegsBlogged loved the thermomix, here’s why.
Javeria of DineOutDubai thought this product could change her life!
I love how Syeda of The Shaz World compares the thermomix to a tiny UFO!
And here’s what’s Dubai’s Italian duo from Cooking at Home think about the thermomix.
Let me know if you have any questions about this post or if you’d like help with a free demo, thank you Monica.