It’s important to go about choosing a reliable and reputable hosting service for your blog
So you’ve always wanted to start a blog, so much to think about. Don’t worry, help is here! This piece of advice informs you what to look for when choosing a hosting service for your blog.This is the second in a series of posts to ensure your blog is a success. We’re not talking about content, pictures, seo, web design or any of that today. It’s about making sure your blog is visible on the world wide web. For that you need a reliable web hosting service. But how do you go about choosing a hosting service for your blog?
A web hosting service is a type of Internet hosting service that allows individuals and organizations to make their website accessible via the World Wide Web.
You write your content, publish your posts and then share them out but it’s the web hosting service that gives you your section of space on the world wide web. If the web hosting service’s servers are down perhaps because of maintenance or a fault, then your site won’t be visible to anyone and that’s useless, frustrating and also embarrassing if you’re with a potential client showing them your site.
DoinDubai researched a few different web hosting companies before deciding to sign up with Blue Host. We’ve been very happy with their service so far and would recommend them. We’ve used them for over 4 years now without any problems. But whichever hosting company you decide to go with, bear these points in mind.
Things to look for when choosing a hosting service for your blog or website
- How much are they charging you – do they have monthly or yearly deals that work out cheaper? BlueHost are currently charging us USD3.95 a month for hosting.
- Do they offer a site Back Up service in case of disaster? That’s very important and will give you peace of mind. This may cost a bit extra but it’s worth it.
- Can you set up your own email service via the host? So we have email@example.com for instance
- Do they offer an online support service? This is essential. We’ve used the BlueHost online support a few times now and have managed to get through quickly and have been happy with responses to our questions.
- Crucially is the support available 24/ 7? We’re in Dubai, so 3 hours + or – time zone is useless to us. We need support when we ask for it whatever the time of day.
- Is there a particular type of website your hosting company deals with a lot ? Blue Host is the number 1 recommended company for wordpress so as we are a wordpress blog it made sense for us to sign up with them.
- Is there a Try before you Buy option where you can get your money back if you’re not happy after a certain period?
There are other things you can look for, but these are the main ones.
Good Luck and let me know if you have any questions about web hosting services. Pick the right one for peace of mind.
What are your experiences of web hosting companies?