- The Marina Social Brunch we tried is called the Saturday Social Brunch
- What to expect food wise at the Marina Social Brunch
- What to drink at the Marina Social Brunch on Saturday
- Some food trends happening at the Marina Social Brunch
- The Deal at the Marina Social Brunch on Saturdays
- Eat up the view off the Limoges plates
- This contest is now CLOSED. And the winner is SHANON! Well Done, we know you’ll enjoy your brunch, and thanks so much for sharing this post on Facebook, that doubled your chances of winning.
- Jason Atherton is in Dubai on the 29th April.
- How to Enter the Competition to Win a complementary meal for 2
- Want to DOUBLE your chances of winning a complementary meal ?
- Enter the competition to WIN a complementary meal for 2 now
The Marina Social Brunch we tried is called the Saturday Social Brunch
Something very similar happens on Fridays too but this post tells you about our experience of the Marina Social Brunch as it happened on Saturday.
Located on the 1st floor of the Intercontinental hotel in the Marina, it’s my favourite brunch in Dubai so far. We sat down at 12.30 pm. We’d already tried dinner at the Marina Social so were really confident that the Saturday Social Brunch was going to be just as good! It exceeded expectations on almost all fronts.
What to expect food wise at the Marina Social Brunch
The deal is you choose from a one page a la carte menu that has 5 starters, 6 main courses and 3 desserts. So not masses of choice but I liked that.
I also liked the fact that all your food is brought to you and cooked fresh to order so everyone’s sitting round the table at the same time. The challenge of getting your fellow diners (especially if they’re teenagers) off their phones is another matter!
The view of the Marina and the gorgeous setting of the terrace of Marina Social Brunch may help, but then these also contribute to good snap chats stories for them!
We ordered fish (cod) and chips (twice) and the whole roasted herb chicken which is designed for 2 people. Big ticks all round for food quality and presentation. Vinegar, tomato sauce, tartare sauce and mushy but not too mushy, peas also provided. There is no snobbery when it comes to accompaniments here!
The bread and smoked sea trout remoulade (served in a jar) made a great combination to start with. I also liked both dips that came with the giant squid ink crisps. Again all the starters we had were very good, but it would be easy to fill up on these, there is so much food presented to you, so eat frugally at this point.
We had one of each dessert and my favourite was actually the base of the rice pudding, a kind of caramelised orange marmalade with a vanilla cream is what it tasted like to me, but reading off the menu, it was a clementine and thyme jam with orange ice cream served with a warm, vanilla rice pudding.
The weakest dessert I thought was the chocolate sundae with frozen white chocolate. It was just a little too sweet and not in keeping with the other desserts I’ve had here. The rhubarb and custard souffle and the apple tarte tatin, not on this brunch menu, are still my favourite desserts here.
What to drink at the Marina Social Brunch on Saturday
A comprehensive drinks range is available with House Social brunch. Choose from beer, red or white wine or branded spirits, 3 types of cocktail or a “Bloody Marvellous” Bloody Mary or Grown Up Iced Tea. Add AED 100 to enjoy some Fizzy Rascals cocktails if you’d like. Drinks are unlimited.
Some food trends happening at the Marina Social Brunch
This is the second brunch I’ve had in the last few weeks that’s served starters in wicker picnic baskets and dips in glass jars. See what we ate the Taj Treehouse Brunch to remind you. I like it, but as I said above, this isn’t the whole lunch, so taste and try but don’t fill up on your picnic.
The Deal at the Marina Social Brunch on Saturdays
The Soft Social with soft beverages is AED 215
The House Social with house beverages as described above is AED 395 (great value I think for Dubai)
and the Bubbly Social with house beverages including the bubbly, fizzy variety is AED 495.
Eat up the view off the Limoges plates
Try and get a table on the terrace with a unobstructed view of the Marina. It’s a very stylish space and my top choice for a special occasion in Dubai.
I also LOVED the Limoges porcelain designed plates used to serve our first courses. Really stylish and somehow worked very well despite the food being presented on wooden boards, well done for pulling that off Marina Social. I don’t know if that’s a Dubai thing or whether it’s a Social habit that happens in Jason Atherton’s other restaurants around the world. We’ll research and get back to you!
This contest is now CLOSED. And the winner is SHANON! Well Done, we know you’ll enjoy your brunch, and thanks so much for sharing this post on Facebook, that doubled your chances of winning.
Jason Atherton is in Dubai on the 29th April.
Do you want to WIN a complementary meal for 2 on that date?
If you are FREE on Friday 29th of April for a complementary brunch
ENTER THE COMPETITION NOW.
How to Enter the Competition to Win a complementary meal for 2
DoinDubai will randomly choose 1 SUBSCRIBER to win a complementary meal for themselves and a friend
- Enter your answer to this question into the comment box at the end of the post.
Where is the Marina Social located in Dubai?
- Pressing the pink button below will subscribe you to the DoinDubai Newsletter at the same time. DoinDubai SUBSCRIBERS who are already registered STILL have to go through the process to enter the competition. Don’t worry you will not have mulitple subscriptions, it just helps us to have all the entries for this competition in one file.
- Once you click on the ‘WIN’ button below. Please complete your entry by opening the confirmation email to confirm your subscription has been added to the WIN a meal competition list
Want to DOUBLE your chances of winning a complementary meal ?
Then LIKE the DoinDubai Facebook page and share this post on FACEBOOK or TWITTER
Enter the competition to WIN a complementary meal for 2 now
I’ll call the results on the Wednesday 27th of April so BE AVAILABLE on the 29th!
Good luck everyone