- What kind of dishes would you make at an Arabic Cooking Class in Dubai
- Where was the Arabic Cooking Class I attended held
- Google Map
- What did we make
- What do we eat at the Arabic Cooking Class
- How do I book this Arabic Cooking Class
- Name 2 countries that are connected to Levantine cooking
- Want to DOUBLE your chances of winning ?
What kind of dishes would you make at an Arabic Cooking Class in Dubai
We really enjoyed our Arabic cooking class at the Al Maeda restaurant and learnt about stuffing courgettes with spiced meat, frying spicy vegetables in a tomato broth and all about the cheese you need to make a traditional sweet vermicelli kunafa dessert!
Where was the Arabic Cooking Class I attended held
The class is held every Tuesday till the end of 2016 at the Al Maeda Levantine restaurant on the first floor of the Double Tree Hilton hotel. That’s the JBR branch on Jumeirah Beach in the Marina side of town.
What did we make
This wasn’t one of those cooking classes you watch and then the chef brings out a “here’s one I made earlier version”, you get your hands dirty and do the cooking yourself! Everyone get’s an apron and a recipe sheet to take home as well.
So we made 4 different things, a starter, 2 main courses and a dessert. The chefs are from Syria, Morocco and India, and are all very knowledgable about their craft. The emphasis is on food from the Levant and variations of it from Lebanon, Syria, Egypt and Morocco. I liked making the stuffed courgettes called Kousah Mahshi best I think. We learnt how to remove the bitterness, score the courgettes, hollow them out and then stuff them.
So the class that way is very versatile as you can take away the techniques and apply these to your own cooking. I also liked the idea of sandwiching the courgettes in between thick layers of fresh herbs for extra flavour, again an easy tip and very easy to apply at home to many things you might make.
What do we eat at the Arabic Cooking Class
You get to eat what you’ve made of course at the end of the class but you are also able to snack on fresh manakeesh while you work! We had a nice welcome lemon/mint drink and could order coffees as well.
How do I book this Arabic Cooking Class
You can email to reserve a place or call this number: 055 166 8092 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The classes happen every Tuesday from 12pm till 2pm and you must book at least 24 hours in advance. It costs AED 199 to do the class and that includes the food and drink you consume. For an extra AED 50 you can also avail of pool and beach access too and your kids can be entertained in the kids club on site!
But that’s just what I thought, why don’t get some more details and some more views of how the class went from my fellow food bloggers who also attended the session! Then make your own mind up about whether this Arabic Cooking Class is for you!
DoinDubai will randomly choose 2 SUBSCRIBERS to win a FREE spot at the Arabic Cooking Class
- Enter your answer to this question into the comment box at the end of the post.
Name 2 countries that are connected to Levantine cooking
- Pressing the pink button below will subscribe you to the DoinDubai Newsletter at the same time. DoinDubai SUBSCRIBERS who are already registered STILL have to go through the process to enter the competition. Don’t worry you will not have multiple subscriptions, it just helps us to have all the entries for this competition in one file.
- Once you click on the ‘WIN’ button below. Please complete your entry by opening the confirmation email to confirm your subscription has been added to the WIN an Arabic Cooking Class competition list
Want to DOUBLE your chances of winning ?
Then LIKE the DoinDubai Facebook page and share this post on FACEBOOK or TWITTER
and I’ll call the winners on Friday 23rd of September and in the meantime Eid Mubarak and Happy Cooking!
And if you’d like to hear us talk about this class in Food News then click on the PODCAST link here.
THIS COMPETITION IS NOW CLOSED 24TH SEPTEMBER 2016
And the winner is Aakriti Mahindra, well done Aakriti, I’ll email you details of how you can avail your free class!