- What you need to do at home before your Turkey Take Away arrives
- How does your Turkey Takeaway look when it comes to your door
- Can you reheat your Turkey Takeaway
- Does it look homemade on your Christmas table
- Post Christmas meal snacks
- What you need to know about ordering your Turkey Takeaway from Jones the Grocer
- Left Over Ideas
- Check out:
I’ve never done a Turkey Take Away for Christmas before, so I wasn’t sure what to expect!
But now I’m sold.
We tried the Turkey Take Away Christmas meal from Jones the Grocer so we could share a review on Dubai Eye 103.8 The Ticket Food News and Reviews radio show.
In a word – excellent. Here’s why…
What you need to do at home before your Turkey Take Away arrives
Prepare the dishes and platters you’ll need to serve your food. Set out your dishes with cutlery on a kitchen table so you can transfer your food before taking your meal to your Christmas table. Clear as much counter space as you can in your kitchen. Remember to have the right tools to carve your turkey.
How does your Turkey Takeaway look when it comes to your door
It looks like this. Very easy to carry, convenient boxes that enclose tin foil containers that are sealed well to keep in the heat. Our turkey arrived piping hot.
Can you reheat your Turkey Takeaway
Yes you can if you don’t open the sealed foil containers, just pop in a pre warmed oven. We decanted out gravy into a jug and heated that in the microwave.
Does it look homemade on your Christmas table
We all thought so.
The giveaway of course will be that you don’t look stressed and exhausted from organising and cooking the Christmas dinner yourself!
Post Christmas meal snacks
The cheese platter could be saved for a small meal or kept to accompany drinks on boxing day. The same goes for the ginger bread house.
What you need to know about ordering your Turkey Takeaway from Jones the Grocer
Whatever you order will feed more people than you think. We thought ours was good for 6 to 8 people. We could have fed 10 people easily with this amount of food.
Festive Turkey Take-Away Prices:
· Roast turkey, stuffing and gravy – AED 575
· Roast turkey, stuffing, five trimmings and gravy – AED 775
· Roast turkey, stuffing, five trimmings with gravy and 2 deluxe platters – AED 1275
· Gingerbread house – AED 95
· Mince pies (pack of 4) – AED 26
· Fruit cake – AED 29 small, AED 49 large
Left Over Ideas
Well you tell me, but I liked the sound of pea and mint soup, a turkey and mushroom pie, and some crumbled ginger bread run through some good quality vanilla ice cream!
Monica (liberated from the kitchen this Christmas ! )
Festive wishes to all and thanks to Jones the Grocer Dubai.
20 ideas for Festive Food and Fun in Dubai, all in one place, all in one format!
Still time to enter our Festive Giveaway Bonanza, that’s another meal you won’t have to cook at home this festive season.