La Ville City Walk is a new, luxury boutique hotel that’s part of the Autograph Collection from the Marriott Group. There are 4 places to dine at La Ville City Walk. We checked out the 3 spaces that were fully open in a type of culinary immersion experience! It’s easy to go from one dining space to the next. Read on to see which bit of La Ville you would to experience most.
La Ville City Walk – A Culinary Immersion
There are 4 areas you can dine in at La Ville City Walk:
- Chival – a Californian style, bright, all day dining area serving modern food with a large courtyard setting.
- Graze Gastro Grill – a Mediterranean inspired contemporary eaterie serving lunch and dinner opening out onto City Walk.
- Grapeskin – a full service wine bar with a special week end menu
- Look Up Roof Top bar – located on the 5th floor with spectacular views of Dubai serving cocktails, mocktails and light bites.
We started at La Ville City Walk with some drinks and snacks at the Look Up Roof Top bar
This would be a perfect place to meet for some drinks and classy snacks before dinner or even for a light dinner itself! Expect gorgeous views of the Burj Khalifa on one side and the beach on the other. It was quite a cool evening for Dubai when we visited (Feb 2017) but we felt deliciously warm sitting close to the contemporary lampshade style heaters!
I recommend the peach bellini cocktail to drink, this can be made with or without alcohol. Choose any snacks you like the sound of, but we all really liked the chilli jalopenos. The Look Up Roof Top bar is situated on the 5th floor of the property.
Starters and Main courses at Chival
This was the 2nd time I was eating at Chival and it’s reassuring to see that quality has been maintained. We were served a Morrocan inspired spicy lentil and beetroot salad, some roasted cauliflower with freekeh (gluten free I think) and a very pretty plate of tuna tataki and cucumber salad. We all really loved the tuna tataki starter.
Main courses consisted of a dish of roasted king prawns with yucca plant crisps, a plate of agnolotti pasta stuffed with ricotta and spinach and a prime burger served in a pretzel bun. The weakest dish for our party was the prime burger. Some said it was a little greasy, and while it certainly wasn’t a “bad choice” it wasn’t exceptional either. I don’t eat beef so I’m reporting honest feedback from my fellow diners!
We did however order a second plate of the very good agnolotti pasta. This was a completely vegetarian dish but hugely popular with the carnivores too!
Chival is the all day dining restaurant of the hotel, and it has 3 distinct areas you can eat in: the outside courtyard, the inside main dining area and a very cute private room within the interiors. This area would seat 10 comfortably, so would make a really good choice for a special occasion. This is where our group sat.
Moving on for some signature desserts at Graze gastro grill restaurant
Still on the same floor, but with a different feel and look, we moved to Graze gastro grill for our desserts and coffees. Some extremely modern techniques in evidence here, so I was impressed with the dessert selection. I LOVED my little pre dessert though!
We also tried a smoky, vanilla dessert in a glass jar, some dark chocolate Mississippi pie, some Japanese white cotton cheesecake and some white chocolate zabaliogne.
All very high quality desserts using fabulous ingredients and fun presentation without any gimmicky distractions! I really liked the dark chocolate dessert and ate this despite being full from my snacks, starters and mains!
Our chefs for the evening were Pedro Joaquin Arceyut from Puerto Rico, David Schaumburger from Germany and Juan Pablo Dominges from Mexico.
This event was part of a Dubai Blogger Managed Event, so you can also see what my fellow foodie friends thought of their culinary immersion experience here. I’ll add their blog posts as they come up, see who’s views resonate with you the most. Do come back and keep checking the page.
- Sarah of WhatNossyAte thought her experience was Exactly Like Nothing Else!
- Nairuz of Nairuz Reviews could almost become a vegetarian based on what she tried!
- Mohit of BigFoodBoy loved the coconut rice and is keen to go back for more at La Ville
- Mark of MarkMyWorld thinks La Ville will always be fully booked!
- Javeria of DineOutDubai loved La Ville, here’s why.
- Meghana of MegsBlogged would love to go back to Graze, here’s why.
- Rachel of BeingRandomRachel liked the Prawn dish best, find out why here.
Please SHARE this post with your foodie friends.