I wrote this post about a year ago and enjoyed this book so much, I bought a few copies and gave away to friends. Last week’s edition of the Week End’s Financial Times has reviewed the very same book ! James Crabtree writes about the old and new India revealed through it’s coastline. Remember you read about ..Continue Reading
Welcome to the LIVING articles on DoinDubai
Here you will find practical and informative articles connected to Living in Dubai. Articles range from how to sell a car to where to get your jewellery dipped. Find alternative ideas for where to take your visitors, other than a Mall. Read about my experiences of school life in Dubai as regards teenagers. Let me know what you find the most useful in this category; is there anything you would like me to research and include on the website?
Chinese Parenting isn’t the same as Western Parenting says Amy Chua in her book, BATTLE HYMN OF THE TIGER MOTHER, I don’t think her style of parenting is like any you are likely to have come across. I’ve been guilty of being a bit of a Tiger Mum myself these past few weeks as exam season ..Continue Reading
UPDATED APRIL 2014 OUR SCHOOL HAS SWITCHED TO ENGLISH IGCSE, READ THE POST BELOW TO FIND OUT WHY! AQA 4705, new this year. The Year 10 English Language GCSE external exam is taking place on June 9th 2011. It counts for 40% of the total English Language GCSE, the other 60 % has already been completed during ..Continue Reading
UPDATE APRIL 2014 THE ENTIRE SYSTEM HAS CHANGED AGAIN ! STILL THREE EXAMS, BUT MUCH MORE FOCUS ON WRITTEN ANSWERS, BOTH LONG AND SHORT, AND JUT A TINY BIT OF MULTIPLE CHOICE. SOME QUESTIONS VERY AMBIGUOUS IN MY VIEW….MY ADVICE IS TO LEARN FROM MARK SCHEMES AND ENCOURAGE YOUR SCHOOLS TO DO THE SAME ESPECIALLY ..Continue Reading
It’s not that children (and many parents) don’t know about the following study tips, it’s good to be reminded and get significant influencers of your children (friends, teachers, grandparents to reinforce these ideas) often hearing them from mum (again) is like water off a duck’s back ! You could try to get your school to ..Continue Reading